Sunday, April 7, 2013

BEAUTY LUST HAVES

Working for a beauty company definitely has it's perks. Amidst the hard work and long hours, I have the pleasure of being able stock my shelves full of beauty treats and experiment with way more products than I ever have in my entire life. Que drool worthy shelf pics!




Lips, lips lips. I’m a sucker for red and coral lip shades.

I have at least 10 different shades and brand of red lipstick but unfortunately, I haven’t yet found a favourite.

As someone with relatively dry lips, I am yet to find a red lippy with the perfect balance of colour pigmentation and moisture- to keep my lips looking smooth throughout the day. I’m sure some of you can relate to the horrific moment when after strutting around the whole day thinking you look like the coolest kid on the block in your brand new red lipstick, you look at yourself in the mirror late in the afternoon and discover that half of your lipstick has flaked away, and you actually look like a bit of a twit. Oh the shame. 

Anyway, when I find the holy grail, I’ll be sure to let you know.


I can’t go past YSL for nails. The range of shades is pretty ginormous and their super fat brush makes application a little less like tricky. Especially for someone like me whose finished nails often turn out looking like the finger painting of a two year old rather than a perfect manicure. 

Lancome Hypnose Drama is the mascara of choice for me. This brush isn't for everyone though- while it’s great for building the perfect voluptuous lash for a night out, it may be a little heavy for those with very fine lashes. 

The most classic perfume OF ALL TIME- Chanel No 5. Cannot go past this fragrance. Other favourites' of the moment include Lancome Poem and L.I.L.Y. by Stella McCartney.  

For hairspray, I like to keep two kinds on hand; Kerastase Chroma Sensitive  for a super strong hold, and Kerastase Double Force for a lighter, airy hold. The best thing about these hairsprays is that my hair actually feels softer the day after I use them, I kid you not.

 I’m not dedicated to any one kind of shampoo & conditioner- still experimenting. At present, I’m using REDKEN All Soft, which I'm enjoying as it leaves my hair much more manageable when it comes to blow-drying.
I moisturise both my face and body every single day, so a decent moisturiser is pretty important for me. My absolute favourite body cream is YSL Opium. Not only does it smell heavenly, but the texture is unbelievably creamy and perfect. Plus, it comes in a beautiful frosted glass jar that you can keep for storage! I personally keep buttons in mine. Lame, but useful ;)

2 comments:

  1. great post love makeup,you should try Mac russian red ,its the perfect red lipstick right amount of moisture and stay on all day xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try it. Thanks for the tip :)

    ReplyDelete